Who can apply?
Start-ups or scale-ups based in Styria. Applications can be made via Online form submitted to our website in two categories by the end of November.
1) Newcomers / startups
- Founders in the early phase, early stage, seed or pre-seed
- Start-up companies/start-up projects without significant market successes or financing rounds
- Criteria: potential of the idea, scalability, potential unique position, degree of innovation
2) performers / scale-ups
- Young companies in the growth phase, growth stage or expansion stage
- Product/service already successful on the market, investors on board or financing rounds behind you
- Criteria: previous growth, performance so far and further growth opportunities, prospects for internationalization and market development
- until the end of November 2022
- Simply register via the SPIRIT website including a brief description of the business model and team photo
Presentation of the short list and voting start
- Mid December 2022
- The 10 best entries per category will be presented online.
- Public voting starts on December 15th
- Decision by a top-class expert jury in early January 2023
The winners are the sum of the jury rating and the public vote
Presentation of the winners
- Mid-February 2023
- Ceremonial award as part of an event for the publication of the 6th birthday edition of "SPIRIT of Styria"
- Three start-ups and three scale-ups are awarded.
The winner may ask about the cover story in the February 2023 issue of "SPIRIT of Styria", the second and third place winners will also receive editorial reporting.
The three winners received Cash prizes totaling 5.000 euros as well as editorial stories in the magazine "SPIRIT of Styria".
In addition, the winners will receive a SPIRIT start-up trophy, designed by a well-known Styrian artist.